3/4-HIGH EMPTY CONTAINER HANDLERS
Optimising costs in empty container handling operations
When stacking empty containers only 3 or 4 high, the lighter and more compact Hyster® H6XD-EC3 and H7XD-EC4 Empty Container Handler can help reduce cost even further in lower density container yards.
Based on the H13-16XD forklift, the series has proven reliability and strength for the most intense applications where single stacks only reach 3 or 4 high.
Hyster® 3/4-High Empty Container Handler Highlights:
- The robust frame and wide drive axle ensure ‘rock solid’ stability and long-term durability when handling empty containers at full height. Equipped with a heavy-duty mast, there is a spreader for handling the Standard ISO Containers with dimensions of 20’ to 40’ and a Spreader with movable vertical twistlocks, which handles wider container bodies.
- Besides the handling of standard ISO Sea-freight containers, Hyster® uses the same spreader base but with customized engagement systems to handle accommodation containers.
- Class leading lifting speeds.
- Benefit from a low Total Cost of Ownership and meet emissions regulations wherever you are in the world with Stage IV and IIIA options.
- Reduce fuel consumption while maintaining productivity and lifting speeds, bringing the cost per load moved down. Choose a truck with selectable ECO modes (eLo and Hi-P) and you can balance maximum productivity with excellent fuel economy levels that work for you.
- Hyster® has also introduced new performance optimisation developments such as cooling on demand, load sensing hydraulics (power on demand), RPM management and alternate engine idle speed to help further reduce the total fuel consumption in most applications.
- Work is easier and more comfortable than ever for the operators with a new seating design and large floor area. The new cockpit-style cab positions all truck information and controls at the driver’s fingertips and there is a re-designed joystick control.
- With more glass integral to its design the new premium cab also provides excellent visibility during driving, reversing, manoeuvring and stacking at height. Heating and ventilation options are available to suit summer or winter conditions.
- To further support accurate and efficient handling, Hyster® Empty Container Handler drivers also benefit from a user-friendly digital performance 7” display. An optional second graphic display can also clearly show the status of spreader engagement and whether the container has a positive lock or not, as well as any limitations the operator should be aware of. This may speed up operations and reduce ‘mispicks’, enhancing productivity even in heavy-duty applications.
- The high-performance power train options with 3 speed auto-shift transmission have built in engine and transmission protection ensuring maximum reliability and a low total cost of ownership.
- Load sensing hydraulics help save fuel, lower noise levels and reduce operating temperatures. Load sensing hydraulics are demand sensitive, which means that only the required amount of oil is pumped through the system at any time to meet the demands of the application.
- Oil immersed ‘wet disc’ brakes feature oil cooling for durability and are virtually maintenance free
- Unobstructed access to the engine compartment and conveniently located check points, contribute to rapid, efficient maintenance.
- The CANbus communications system used to manage the electronic systems ensures reliable operation of the truck.
- Designed to operate in extreme ambient temperatures of -18°C up to 50°C that are found in operations across the world.
- There are many options available to suit the application. Add-ons also include a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, directional control on steering column, Bluetooth radio, container weighing solutions, a choice of seats and many more.
Model Name Transmission Stacking Height 1st Row Load Capacity Load Centre Engine Lift Height H6XD-EC3 ZF WG161 3-speed Hydrodynamic Transmission 3 6000 1220 Cummins QSB 6.7L Diesel 7000 H7XD-EC4 ZF WG161 3-speed Hydrodynamic Transmission 4 7000 1220 Cummins QSB 6.7L Diesel 10000