Friday 9 September, 2016
ebel Ali, UAE
CEVA is a global logistics company that was formed in 2007 through the merger of TNT Logistics and EGL.
Following an increased warehouse expansion programme in the UAE, CEVA Logistics went through an extensive selection process to find a materials handling equipment supplier that would provide the right equipment and fulfil the requirement for professional account management, combined with excellent aftersales support.
How did Hyster help?
- Worked with the local distribution partner to provide a complete range of handling equipment on a full service maintenance contract
- Supplied equipment that was suited to the specific handling requirements of the operation
- Provides ongoing forklift safety training for the full range of Hyster® equipment
CEVA required a mix of materials handling equipment for transporting pallets, unloading containers and trailers, picking operations and accessing deep racking.
The materials handling fleet includes:
- Hyster® R2.0W Reach Trucks
- Hyster® K1.0LAC Order Pickers
- Hyster® J2.0XNT Electric Forklifts
- Hyster® P2.0S Battery Operated Pallet Trucks
- Efficiency is enhanced thanks to the dependable and reliable Hyster® equipment, which has been provided by Hyster to meet the specific requirements of the application. For example, the Hyster R2.0W reach trucks were specified to handle double deep racking requirements and the Hyster K1.0LAC order pickers allow the operator to pick from the ground and from first level locations as the pallet load is built.
- Uptime is maximised thanks to the agreed service maintenance contract provided through Hyster and its local distribution partner, which includes a strict response time of 2 hours during the working day and 4 hours outside of working hours.
- Productivity is increased thanks to the ongoing intensive forklift training provided for the full range of Hyster equipment supplied through the distribution partner and the operator satisfaction with the Hyster equipment.
- Expenditure has been minimised thanks to the contract forklift hire basis that the Hyster equipment is leased on, enabling CEVA to have better control of materials handling equipment (MHE) costs.
- A strong relationship has developed between CEVA, Hyster and the local distribution partner, resulting in an additional equipment order on long term lease.